July 23rd

Dear Maya,
You amaze me everyday. YOu are so self-motivated to achieve. I hope that this never holds you back if you hold expectations too high as I tend to do! You have been potty training yourself since you turned two. I have given you independence, time, choice, and space. Sometimes you choose diapers, sometimes underwear. This week you have wanted to wear underwear everyday and no accidents. Dora is your character of choice these days. I think you would wear your Dora underwear and Dora pajamas all day everyday if you could. You picked out shorts to wear this morning and I suggested you go back down to get the green shirt with yellow and white flower and up you came with that shirt. You have dressed yourself for quite sometime, but I was so impressed when you came down to show me you zipped and snapped the shorts all by yourself! Today in the pool I was again amazed. You fell underwater and you didn't freak out, you were a little nervous but you came back up on your own and you didn't swallow any water in the process. Daddy started to teach you to put your face in the waater and some safety tips and you are already on your way. You put your whole face in the water and the look of pride you have when you do it fills me with Joy.

Love,
mommy

Dear Savannah,
You are pulling yourself up and standing for quite sometime. You are crawling so fast. I think I might be in trouble. I might have to take child proofing to a whole new level!

No comments:

Post a Comment